Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Cousins wedding - A family get-together

Its been years that i stopped clicking people and turned my interest to wildlife and landscape.

Reasons:
1) I can take my own time to process the photos and post online (neither the landscape or the wildlife would ask you when the photos would come online :-)
2) Neither of the both would come and say that I clicked it when it was showing its teeth, when the eyes were closed. ( a few bad experiences in the past )
3) neither of the both would ask for prints of the photos that were clicked.

I know the above mentioned reasons might be because of the expectations that they have on my clicks, but the problem i face is "Neither" do i have a laptop or an internet connection to transfer my images to and upload online "nor" am i rich enough to both invest on the equipment and also for the prints that i should give to the people whom i click :-) , Wont it be great if the person whom i click sponsors me in terms of equipment or atleast the trips that i undertake for photography or atleast pay for my service and make me happy as well!!! Am i sounding that i am planning to do things commercially. Might be :-)


Let me come back to the story, It was after a very long time that we met all our relatives and friends on the ocassion of my Cousins wedding. So thought that i would use the opportunity to click a few photographs of people - (not wild people).

















All the photos were clicked candid except the above 2.







I believe these birds even thought were not human, adds to the mood of the marriage ceremony !!!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said!

There was this guy who'd come with my friend and once, he said just that "Wild woman there ... take a picture" !!!!

The landscape/animals may not - but am sure there are folks asking your about your photos from each trip :)

Buttonnose said...

Nice photos John. The church pic is indeed very good. Also the portraits. You proved to be a good mildlife photographer too :D

SRINI said...

Nice people shots...It also shows your appreciation for lighting.

I feel as a photographer one has touch all the realms of photographic world..... I too started as a hobbyist in wild life photography. Now I am enjoying photographing all the fields of photography.

Best wishes..:)

Donna said...

Excellent photos John :)...your use of the ambient lighting was very good...I really like the church photo and the one of the couple in the church audience.

Venkatramanan said...

John!
As usual unusual!!
Excellent close-ups, candids! How do you manage a candid to be so perfect is still a puzzle!
Even when I shoot a prepared one, I am not getting this much sharpness!
Kudos!

Venkatramanan

TheWordPlatter.com said...

Dai anna..... You forgot one more question that would be asked.....!


Avlodhaanaa...? where is the remaining pictures.... hi hi hi we will share our resources bro... after all what is a sister for :)

Sheetal said...

Awesome Pics

gowtham said...

Hi John,

good use of ambient light and captivating moods.

As an onlooker I would say the priest in the church has evangelic glow, as a photographer he is lil overexposed. You can try selective exposure correction in Photoshop.

All the very best

Samyak said...

3,5,6,7,8 Came out pretty pretty well !
3 Rocks amongst all.

The light condition used fun-ta-stically all over !

John Immanual said...

@ Christelle
Contradically it is those people who keeps asking for photos helps me do things faster and get ready for the next trip out. I am really surprised that u commented even before i posted the photos online. :-)

@ Buttonnose
I wish i would get promoted from Mildlife to Wildlife soon.

@SRINI
Am happy to see a comment and wishes from a person who has done great things in Portrait and wildlife. Thanks for ur good wishes Srini

@Donna
Its all what i learned from my Photography Master Kumarraja who taught me right from A-B-C of photography.

@Venkatramanan
Its time that you get into the DSLR era, so that you the camera listens to what you say rather than the automatic algorithm it follows.

@ Eve
I just post photos that are to my liking. I cannot post all the 100's of photos that i clicked in the wedding. Actually I was looking out for a permanent sponsor of equipment than sharing :-). Tat would give me more time in going around clicking than travelling around to transfer pictures and editing.
I insist you stop calling me Dai. I am your elder bro, and i believe i deserve it. Respect your bro sis :-)

@ Sheetal
I know you always have a ready made answer, anyway. thanks a lot :-)

@ gowtham
Thanks for looking at the picture so minutely Gowtham. But i left it as such just not to disturb the reality of the ambience - atleast in this picture. Thanks for the wishes bro.

@ Siege Samyak
The person in the 3rd photo is none other than my dad, I have admired him many a times in personal life, and just released the shutter when i had a chance to admire him thru the lens.

Domnick Prabhu said...

Awesome... Just awesome..
You wont believe we used your pics in our album instead of the photographer's snaps where the stills were needed... Thanks machan...

Domnick Prabhu said...

Thanks for the pics machan... We were just awestruck seeing the photos... the first sight of it we decided it will get into our album... and yes its very much part of our album now. I am sorry for the copyright violation. Susan will pay the fine ;)